Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate, Immunology and Cell Biology
We are seeking a Research Associate/Senior Research Associate to join an exciting, fast-growing, and well-financed company to support development of novel gene editing therapies for serious diseases. This person will develop cell-based non-clinical and clinical assays to support the CRISPR Therapeutics pipeline. The position requires enthusiasm, passion, attention to detail, and a desire to create new medicines for patients.
- Develop in-vitro and in-vivo assays using immunological and cell biological procedures and technologies including isolation, culturing and characterization of human stem and immune cells by multicolor flow cytometry, proliferation, apoptosis, cytotoxicity, imaging, ELISA, IHC and similar approaches
- Develop, optimize, and characterize high-quality (GLP/GMP-like) cellular assays and associated documentation (such as method protocols) for technology transfer to external collaborators
- Generate, analyze and interpret experimental data and present to key stakeholders
- Maintain laboratory equipment, facilities, consumables, and materials
- Maintain clear and complete records of study material and experimental results
- Work cross-functionally with therapeutic and platform technology groups
- BS (3+ years) or MS (2+ years) in biology or related discipline
- Extensive experience in executing assays and operating instruments used in flow cytometry, microscopy and related cell- and tissue-based assays
- Prior experience with general immunological and cellular biology techniques (cell culture, tissue culture, flow cytometry-based assays, immunohistochemistry, microscopy etc.)
- Excellent organizational skills and oral and written communication skills
- Ability to think strategically, manage time and workflow, and work independently as well as part of a results-oriented research team
- Proficient in data analysis/visualization using tools such as Microsoft Excel, FACS Diva, FlowJo, GraphPad Prism
- 4+ years of working experience in the areas of cellular immunology/cell biology in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical company
- Understanding of gene editing tools (CRISPR, TALEN, or ZFN) as well as previous experience in gene editing
- Experience in independently developing cell-based assays including IHC/ICH, FISH
- Experience in drafting, editing and validating SOPs for use in GLP/GMP environments
- Collaborative – Openness, One Team
- Undaunted – Fearless, Can-do attitude
- Results Orientation – Delivering progress toward our mission. Sense of urgency in solving problems.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit – Proactive. Ownership mindset.
Crispr Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law.