Scientist I/II, gRNA/Nuclease Engineering Group
We are seeking a Scientist to join an exciting, fast-growing, and well-financed company to develop novel gene editing therapies for serious diseases. The position requires enthusiasm, passion, attention to detail, smarts, and a desire to play a role in creating new medicines for patients.
- Design and engineer proteins to improve gene editing technologies
- Primary focus on improving Cas9 and related proteins by increasing activity, specificity stability and yield
- Perform small-scale protein expression and purification
- Screen novel CRISPR proteins with cell-free protein expression platforms
- Collaborate with others to evaluate these proteins for activity/specificity using in vitro and in vivo systems
- Work cross-functionally with therapeutic groups and platform technology groups
- Partner with business development and academic collaborators for evaluating novel CRISPR proteins
- Flexibility to work on other projects as needed
- PhD with 3-5 years of post-doctoral training or industrial experience
- Strong background in protein engineering preferably with focus on mammalian gene therapy/editing, RNA biology, DNA repair or related field
- Protein purification and analytical skills (FPLC, Western/MSD or SPR)
- Molecular biology techniques: DNA & RNA isolation and PCR (qRT, ddPCR, etc) and biochemical expertise
- A strong track record of success with, and direct hands-on experience with a broad range of cell and molecular biology techniques
- Proven ability to collaborate with peers and effectively work in a team-oriented environment
- Prior experience in gene editing of mammalian cells and prior experience working in a biotech company
- Strong understanding of kinetics and mechanism of RNA-guided proteins
- Experience with assay development, NanoString, automation or NGS
- Collaborative – Openness. One Team.
- Undaunted – Fearless, Can-do attitude.
- Results Orientation – Delivering progress toward our mission. Sense of urgency in solving problems.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit – Proactive. Ownership mindset.
Crispr Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law.