Senior Payroll & Stock Compensation Analyst
The Senior Payroll & Stock Comp Analyst will assume a leadership role in directing payroll activities for CRISPR Therapeutics Inc. The position will also support the accounting team in assisting with the month-end close and stock plan management. This position will report in to the Associate Director of Accounting.
This is a hands-on role in which the ability to multitask, take initiative and work well with others is essential. The successful candidate will be a strong, multifaceted performer who is collaborative, communicative, proactive and effective.
- Take ownership of the entire payroll function
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of U.S. payroll and 401k plan reports
- Complete and maintain all relevant local, state and federal documents that relate to payroll
- Prepare and submit all payroll journal entries into Oracle Fusion
- Establish and maintain a congenial working relationship with Crispr employees in addressing payroll questions and concerns
- Develop and maintain a strong and mutually benefiting partnership with Human Resources
- Create and maintain processes and procedures with Human Resources to ensure secure exchange of personnel data
- Lead all payroll-related audits (including 401k)
- Timely processing and payment of employee expense reimbursements through Concur; ensuring reports submitted are in compliance with company policy and employees are properly trained
- Prepare journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations in support of the Accounting team during month-end close
- Establish and maintain effective internal controls that impact the Payroll function
- Interface with the controller on Stock plan management and administration
- Ad-hoc tasks and requests to support the Finance department
- Minimum 7 years of experience in financial accounting related roles including Payroll
- Associate’s Degree with a concentration in Business or Finance
- Strong analytical and interpretive skills, ability to deliver financial data in a user friendly and relevant manner
- Ability to logically plan, organize and complete work assignments in individual and team settings
- Strong preference for ADP, Concur, Oracle Fusion, and/or Stock Equity Management experience
- Familiarity with implementing software solutions a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in Business or Finance
- Collaborative – Openness, One Team
- Undaunted – Fearless, Can-do attitude
- Results Orientation – Delivering progress toward our mission. Sense of urgency in solving problems.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit – Proactive. Ownership mindset.
Crispr Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law.