Senior Research Associate, Immuno-Oncology
We are seeking a Senior Research Associate to join an exciting, fast growing and well financed new company to develop novel gene editing therapies for serious diseases. The successful candidates will be integral in discovering and developing the next generation of immuno-oncology therapies. The successful candidates will have significant experience in designing and performing experiments in cancer biology or immunology, including cell culture and genetic manipulation of immune cells, and multi-color flow cytometry experience. The position requires enthusiasm, passion, attention to detail, and a desire to create important new medicines for patients.
- Perform research with the aims of developing novel immuno-oncology therapeutics using CRISPR-based gene editing tools
- Analysis and presentation of experimental data
- MS or BS in immunology and 4+ years of relevant research experience in industry or academia
- Extensive experience in aseptic immune cell isolation and cell culture, transfection of cell lines or primary immune cells
- Hands-on experience in performing functional immune cell assays, including cytotoxicity, proliferation, and cytokine analyses (ELISA, intracellular cytokine detection)
- Proficient in immune cell/subset phenotyping and analysis of human or mouse origin by multi-color flow cytometry
- Scientifically rigorous, highly organized, and with significant attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with peers and effectively work in a results-oriented research team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Extensive experience with in vitro and/or in vivo experimental immunology and/or cancer biology
- Hands-on experience in working with genetically engineered T cells
- Experience in viral or non-viral methods of gene transfer techniques
- Experience in molecular biology, including construct design, qPCR and western blot analysis
- Collaborative – Openness, One Team
- Undaunted – Fearless, Can-do attitude
- Results Orientation – Delivering progress toward our mission. Sense of urgency in solving problems.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit – Proactive. Ownership mindset.
Crispr Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law.